Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hiatus: Until March 20th 2010


Things have been a little chaotic here recently. In fact, the whole summer has been nuts. I am trying to build a house (and so far failing), finishing two novels, and sorting things in order to someday move into a smaller place; we were evacuated for the Lockheed fire in August and are just getting things back in order; and suddenly, I am realizing I need to really get some writing out there now that I've been published a little bit.

So I am taking a 6-month hiatus from the blog. I don't know what that will do to my readership, but it seems more fair to simply state when I'll be back, writing about things that are cool and interesting, than to simply fall away like I've been doing recently.

I'll hopefully collect weird bits during the coming six months and come back fresh and full of new things to talk about.

In the meantime, take care and feel free to use these pages as a source of inspiration for writing or art, a place to come to be reminded that the world is not a dull place, or just resource for finding out about something obscure which just might be here.

Please, feel free to email me at mcdougal dot heather at gmail dot com and let me know if there's anything you think I should be blogging about. And thanks to those who already have. I'm thinking about it, I promise.

I'll be back on March 20th, 2010.

Cheers,
Heather

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, we better see some shiny new novels and short bits from you when you're back from the hiatus. Writing writing writing for 6 months? That must be a lovely vision of your immediate future.

Cayetano G Valenzuela said...

Sheesh, That is a long time to wait for more of this cool stuff. I sure will miss cruising over here while taking a break from painting!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and look forward to reading again when you return.
when are your novels due out?

Heather McDougal said...

Well, I do hope you all return!

And I don't have any secure venues for the books yet, but wish me luck! Part of the work for these six months is making that happen...

Maebius said...

through hte magic of RSS feeds, we will be here waiting for you in 6 months.

Best of luck with your writings, and all your Life Endeavors!

spacedlaw said...

Crumbs!
Enjoy your break but I shall miss your posts.

Heather McDougal said...

Aw! I'll miss your comments, too!

Liam said...

You will be sorely missed and your return eagerly anticipated. Good luck with everything until then.

Kevin P. Edgecomb said...

Good luck and happy writing!

kanarina said...

Your stories are the closest thing to my having (another person's) dream when I'm awake, thank you for that! All the best from Serbia and I look forward to your return. Katarina

Donald said...

Heather
I discovered your wonderful blog just as you go on hiatus. At least there is plenty for me to browse back through.
I look forward to your return!
If you need a break from writing you might enjoy my new blog - donaldfortescue.com. I'm delving into some common ground.
All the best,
Donald.

Kiriel du Papillon said...

Ah... you will break our hearts! How much I love the wanderings of your mind and the fabulous curiosities you share. Still, I understand the need for a break and wish you all the best!

annie said...

I'm keeping you in my feed reader and awaiting your return!!

Anonymous said...

Dear mcdougal, best wishes for your short break...may it serve the purpose for you...And your blog is interesting and engaging....Though not into writing much, i am into reading and since i have ordered a dozen of books online from A1Books, I too need a break like you to finish them off one by one :)

Jenn said...

One nice thing about readership, we have our RSS readers, or our blog links we click every now and then... we come back to see, and then we will find.

Namaste.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog. Enjoy the break!